Reid is a new coach at Pakmen and brings a strength and conditioning element to the club that we have never had before. He is a strength and conditioning coach and former team Canada Beach Volleyball athlete. His love for strength training came from having to work his butt off to make the beach volleyball national team. He was an undersized volleyball player that needed to bridge the gap with the other taller athletes by becoming faster, stronger and more powerful. Since his playing days he is one of the rare coaches that specializes in strength, condition, and mobility training specifically for volleyball players.
Reid runs both private and group strength and conditioning sessions for volleyball players at SST Oakville. To learn more about volleyball specific training click here or visit http://volley-strength.com.
Here are some of Reid's accomplishments:
- Former Team Canada Beach Volleyball Athlete
- Canada Games Gold Medalist
- 4th place finish at the U18 world championships
- Honours Degree in Kinesiology and Health Sciences
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Captain for York University Volleyball Team