During the game of volleyball each of players his/her own responsibilities and duties on the court. It all begins with a serve in volleyball. Actually, a serve means the beginning of the game as well as the beginning of the set in volleyball. A server serves a volleyball and a rally begins. A setter has to set a ball and help his/her team’s attackers get ready for carrying out an attack hit. It’s clear that an attacker has to do everything possible to carry out an attack hit and land a ball on the opposite side of the court. The job of a blocker is to resist opponent’s attack successfully.
Obviously, it’s hard to make a progress in the sport of volleyball without training tips. So, the job of a volleyball coach is to give a volleyball player tips that will help them develop their skills and get ready for important volleyball matches.
This blog post concentrates on volleyball tips. In other words, you’ll be able to find volleyball tips for attackers, blockers, setters, servers as well as general volleyball tips. Hopefully, these volleyball tips will help athletes do the fantastic job over time!
Volleyball Tips for Attackers
Here are a few volleyball tips for attackers:
– A volleyball attacker has to do every single thing possible to hit the ball harder. In order to hit a ball harder, a volleyball attacker has to pay a close attention to such important things as body position, arm swing and ball contact. First and foremost, an attacker needs to learn how to take the correct body position prior to spiking. Plus, an attacker should constantly work hard on improving his/her arm swing. Above all, an attacker should be able to hit a ball the right way.
– On the other hand, a spiker has to do everything he/she can to hit the target and land a ball on the opposite side of the court. And of course, the task of a spiker is to make it difficult for the opposing team’s attackers to resist his/her attack hit.
– Another important thing that you need to be aware of is that timing is something that means a lot to a volleyball attacker. So, it’s crucial for an attacker to be able to select the best time for carrying out an attack hit.
– It makes a lot of sense for attackers to focus on doing volleyball drills for attacking, hitting and spiking. Such drills as high contact drill, team approach jump drill, game simulated hitting drill, pass-set-hit drill, ball control with back row attacks drill, spike approach drill and wall spikes drill need to be a part of a volleyball attacker’s training program. Keep in mind that if you practice these drills on a regular you’ll be able to hit a ball harder and, most importantly, precisely over time.
Volleyball Tips for Blockers
Here are a few volleyball tips for blockers:
– The job of a blocker is to block the opposing team’s attacks. It’s fair to say that being a blocker in volleyball sport is not easy. As a blocker you need to work on your vertical jump. So, you should do your best to jump higher for volleyball. It’s a good idea for a blocker to concentrate on doing different types of jumping exercises for volleyball. These include: jump squats, tuck jumps, standing vertical jumps, resistance training, box jumps, depth jumps, shock jumps, weight jumps and other types of jumping exercises. It goes without saying that doing this type of jumping exercises regularly will certainly help you increase your vertical jump significantly and block the opposing team’s attacks successfully.
– If you would like to become a successful blocker then you obviously need to know how to read the opponent’s attacker. That’s the reason why hitter vs. blocker volleyball drills need to be a part of a blocker’s training program. Among the best hitter vs. blocker volleyball drills for a blocker are: offense vs. blockers drill, read hitter’s eyes blocking drill, blocker against hitter drill as well as hitter vs. blocker drill from Mark Barnard. Actually, this list can go and on. Doing this type of volleyball drills for a blocker will definitely help you learn how to read opponent’s hitter successfully.
– And of course, blockers need to get special training for blockers. It makes a lot of sense for blockers to concentrate on volleyball drills for blocking. Blockers should definitely practise such volleyball drills for blocking as attack the hole drill, blind blocking drill, block and smash drill, block hitter on box drill, block jump to ball drill, mirror blocking drill, jousting blocking drill, lower net volleyball blocking drill, side to side blocking drill and so on.
Volleyball Tips for Setters
Here are a few volleyball tips for setters:
– Learning setting techniques must be the number 1 priority for every setter. Doing the right type of volleyball drills is something that helps setters master setting techniques and, therefore, do great job on the court. Setters should concentrate on doing such drills as setting progression drill, set to box drill, jump setting drill, long distance setting drill, setting triangle drill, have a seat drill and many others.
– It’s incredibly important for a setter to watch a volleyball coach during the game carefully. You need to know that practicing the watching the coach drill on a regular basis is something that helps a setter develop this very important skill.
– There has been a lot of talk about the importance of staying focused for setters. Doing setter concentration drill helps setters improve their concentration and do fantastic job on the court. That’s why you should definitely add this drill to your setter’s training program.
Volleyball Tips for Servers
Here are a few volleyball tips for servers:
– You should know that there are different types of serves in volleyball including float serve, jump serve as well as topspin serve. If you read volleyball tips for servers you’ll be able to figure out that most volleyball coaches advise servers to master each of these serves. Sooner or later, you will be able to find out which serve suits you best.
– It’s impossible to become a good server without practicing volleyball drills for serving. It’s recommended for servers to do such volleyball drills for serving as 2 player volleyball drill for serving, amoeba drill, arm toss drill, jump and catch drill, Serve ‘n sprint volleyball drill, etc.
– Servers also should practise drills which are aimed to help them hit the target. Obviously, servers should do volleyball drills for servers like target aim drill and target practise drill.
General Volleyball Tips
Here are a few general volleyball tips for beginners:
– Doing the right type of volleyball drills and exercises is vital for a volleyball player’s success. That means that you should do the most effective volleyball drills and exercises. A volleyball player should always train smart and do everything he/she can to get the most out of a training program.
– Achieving the success in the sport of volleyball is no easy task. It’s crucial for you to understand that success doesn’t come overnight. That’s why a volleyball player should be patient and always train hard.
– You must train hard during a volleyball season to prepare for volleyball competitions in the best possible way. However, you shouldn’t forget about training when a volleyball season ends. In fact, the off season period gives volleyball players a great opportunity to focus on cardio workouts, building core strength, training explosiveness and increasing a vertical jump, mental imagery, playing other sports and many other important things. Those athletes, who got injured during the volleyball season, should obviously take advantage of an off season period to recover from an injury.
– Keep in mind that the success of a volleyball player is all about consistency. In other words, you should train hard and develop your volleyball skills on a regular basis.
– You should practise your volleyball skills and track your success all the time. If you find that your volleyball training program is not effective then you need to analyze your mistakes carefully and make changes to it.
– Communication plays a very important role in volleyball player’s success. That’s why it’s so important for a volleyball player to focus on mastering communication skills.
– Mental imagery is something that helps athletes master important volleyball skills and demonstrate excellent results on the court. So, you should definitely add mental imagery to your training program. Visualize on a regular basis and see what will happen! It goes without saying that mental imagery will contribute greatly to your success. Finally, you’ll be able to take your volleyball skills to the next level and improve your performance on the court!
Thank you so much for reading our article. We’ve just provided you with volleyball tips for attackers, blockers, setters, servers as well as general volleyball tips. Follow our volleyball training tips to become a better volleyball player. Train hard and train on a regular basis. However, the most important thing is that all of these volleyball tips work! So, the success will definitely come over time! And of course, we wish you the best of luck!